Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mobile Internet charges by Sun Cellular

I have my Blackberry phone since last year, a free phone I got from Globe. Last December 2012 I decided to switch my Sun and Globe SIM. My BB is now Sun connected. I also have a Smart Bro Pocket WiFi and I'm using it to access different social networking sites. Last January 6, 2013 I decided to avail of the Sun Blackberry Service P649 (Unlimited Mobile Internet). I inquire for my unbilled charges and to my surprise, it cost P1,800+. Then last January 9, morning, my line was cut. I cannot send SMS and can't even call.
 
Of course I immediately call Sun customer service. They told me that my line was cut because my outstanding balance exceeds my Credit Limit. That is also because of the Mobile internet charges my account incurred. I told them that I am not using Sun mobile internet service. I have my Pocket WiFi. They explained that if the WiFi connection fluctuates, mobile internet service, having GPRS turned on, will be the internet provider. I send them an E-mail complaint regarding the matter. After a week, they send me a message that according to their investigation the charges are valid. I told them that I'm not going to pay the charges I did not use. I received a call (Jan.18) from Sun CS. She told me they're going to reverse the charges but that is a one-time accommodation only. She gave me an option to turn off the GPRS to avoid the same incident. Since I have an Android phone I decided to turn off GPRS of my Sun SIM.
 
This is the first time I experience this but this is not the first time I heard of this complaint from a Sun subscriber. I'm not sure if there's anyone who has the same complaint.

9 comments:

  1. hi, my sun postpaid line was also cut, just before the holy week. When i inquired, it was also due to data charges, we have internet connection at home. they gave me the same answer, that they'll investigate it if it was a valid charge or not. i'm still waiting for their answer w/c they said should be within 3-5 days. i definitely won't pay my bill unless they reverse the data charges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you deactivated the Mobile internet connection of your phone? Is it Blackberry that you're using? Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Hi. This is my problem now. I kept on complaining about this charges I have never used yet they're insisting that it's valid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! What handset are you using and do you have an active GPRS? Be patient in doing follow up to them because there initial statement would always state that the charges are valid.

      Delete
  3. hi, my sun postpaid line was also cut, When i inquired, it was also due to data charges, we have internet connection at home. they gave me the same answer, that they'll investigate it if it was a valid charge or not. i'm still waiting for their answer w/c they said should be within 3-5 days. i definitely won't pay my bill unless they reverse the data charges. i payed 1400 then now im being told it is 2700 still outstanding im going in to the sun office and i will create Mary hell in there as i told them i don't want internet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. What's the status of their investigation?

      Delete
  4. Same issue here, I requested for GPRS service termination with SUN January this year, however for the month of April they still able to come up with GPRS charges that they claim valid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Do you still have the slip they gave when you requested for deactivation of your GPRS? You can ask them how is it possible that you have internet charges when you already requested for deactivation of your GPRS. Unless they automatically activate it.

      Delete
  5. automatic po un pag naka on ang data mo they will charge you........ so be careful using the gprs.. id rather turn it off and use wifi :)

    ReplyDelete